Opportunities across the year for middle leaders to share subject specific good practice and to keep up to date on local and national educational developments and statutory requirements.
The Education Performance and Inclusion Team supports the importance of school networking by providing both primary and secondary English, mathematics and science subject leaders with 3 meetings for each subject, across the year. We ensure that these networks are facilitated by Education Advisers with subject specific expertise and we shape agendas in response to subject leader requests. The majority of Gloucestershire schools attend these meetings and this therefore provides delegates and therefore schools with access to a range of experience from across the county. Subject leaders meet to:
• focus on National and local educational developments including statutory requirements and the implications for their schools;
• share successful subject specific practice with and from, their colleagues;
• further develop and refine their leadership skills;
• reflect on issues within the supportive community of their peers;
• access to the expertise of a range of relevant contributors such as our own GlosEd Leaders as well as local and national subject specialists.