This course is open to all professionals who work with secondary age young people in Gloucestershire, including teachers, senior leaders, pastoral managers, tutors, learning support workers and parent support advisors.
These courses are facilitated by Satveer Nijjar BSc (Hons) Psychology, a motivated and inspirational speaker. Topics covered include:
Tea and coffee will be provided but please bring your own lunch.
- defining self-harm
- statistics on self-harm
- what leads to self-harm in young people
- what the functions of self-harm are for the young person
- myths and language use in relation to self-harm
- risk in relation to self-harm
- supporting someone who self-harms, including practical strategies