Designed primarily for Heads and School Business Managers who are new to the role, this course provides those with safety management responsibilities in school environments with a clear understanding of their responsibilities and how to design sensible and risk proportionate safety management systems whilst avoiding the pitfalls of health and safety myths and risk aversion.
The course is supported by PowerPoint slides and includes a number of practical sessions throughout the morning. There is ample opportunity to ask questions throughout the session and the formal training is followed by a working lunch and the opportunity to discuss safety matters on a 1:1 basis with the trainer.
Arrive from 08:45 (tea, coffee & biscuits on arrival) for a 09:00 prompt start. Lunch will be served at about 12:30 until 13:30.
By the end of the course you will feel confident to:
In addition the course offers the opportunity to share good practice and seek further advice and clarification on areas of interest or concern within your establishments.
- Lead H&S management in your school.
- Understand the benefits of effective H&S management.
- Understand the principles behind safety management systems.
- Understand risk assessment and how to implement it in your workplace.
- Be clear about your responsibilities as a manager.
- Tackle risk aversity and ensure a sensible risk management approach.
Book via GCC Plus. If you have any queries please contact: Neil Chatten on 01452 426093 or email@example.com If you attended the most recent courses on 25th November 2015 or 23rd March 2017 it is not recommended that you attend on this occasion. Note that a separately bookable course for advanced practitioners follows in the afternoon. You can book both courses if you feel this would be beneficial - again, call us to discuss this.
- Head & Deputy Head Teachers of Primary and Secondary Schools
- School Business Managers, Bursars, Site Managers
- School Governors