This course is open to all professionals who work with young people in Gloucestershire, including teachers, senior leaders, pastoral managers, tutors, learning support workers and parent support advisors.
In response to the training needs of schools and adapting to the current situation of school closures, we are pleased to be able to offer school staff the opportunity to take part in an online CPD training session around self-harm. The aim of the session is to build confidence around the subject of self-harm by reducing stigma, anxiety and fear and will be delivered by Satveer Nijjar, an expert in her field /http://satveernijjar.com/ The two-hour Zoom session will aim to include:
As a Trailblazer school, you can sign up to the session free of charge. You will then be sent the login details to participate in the session. To book a place please email email@example.com
- Statistics and definition of self-harm.
- Why people turn to self-harm – triggers and functions.
- Myths & language use.
- How to support someone in your school who self-harms.
- Broaching suspected self-harm.
- Alternative strategies, focusing on stopping and more.